May 14, 2007

Introduction.

Greetings,

I have created this blog to serve as an outlet for all of my rants and raves (frankly, probably more rants than raves - :) ). Daily I see things that drive me crazy to the point where I feel I must speak out. But to whom, where, and in what forum?

I find myself simultaneously occupying both wings of every spectrum imaginable - political, moral, philosophical, etc. I believe a lot of my views are what most others want to think, but are too afraid. (Yes, "think," we haven't even gotten to the part about speaking out yet.) I consider myself a freethinker. That is, I think without bounds. No thought or topic is off the table. This scares some people. Why? I am not exactly sure. Just because one thinks about something on the fringe, does not mean that person is truly on the fringe, or would actually act in the extreme. That person may just be thinking objectively, considering ALL options. That's me.

Now let's talk about speaking out. I would LOVE to scream out to the world my free thoughts. I have visions of taking a bullhorn to some public place, and just letting it fly. But voicing ultra-conservative or ultra-liberal thoughts has ramifications for a minority living in a majority's world. In short, I am not ready to "die on that mountain" yet. I have other things that I must accomplish first - things that would be most easily accomplished by tempering what I speak.

Setting up this blog is my compromise. It allows me to quietly speak with a bullhorn while maintaining my anonymity. This is what I need to do right now. So from time-to-time, when I feel the urge and I have the time, I will let it fly here - at PYSCHOBOLIC.COM.

Welcome to my world.

- RMW

No comments: